DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > Programming

Programming C, bash, Python, Perl, PHP, Java, you name it.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th January 2009
Port Guard

Default Trying to Debug C++ Compile Error [Shibboleth] on FreeBSD

Hey all, for the past week or so I've been trying to build Shibboleth-2.1 on our FreeBSD box. It's not officially supported, and the only port is for Shibboleth-1.3, which is marked as "broken."

I've been able to get all the dependencies to compile (after some struggling) but now I'm running into a compile error with Shibboleth.

Here's what I'm seeing:

Code:
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp: In member function 'void shibsp::TCPListener::setup_tcp_sockaddr(shibsp::sockaddr_in*) const':
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:124: error: invalid application of 'sizeof' to incomplete type 'shibsp::sockaddr_in' 
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:125: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct shibsp::sockaddr_in'
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:73: error: forward declaration of 'struct shibsp::sockaddr_in'
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:126: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct shibsp::sockaddr_in'
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:73: error: forward declaration of 'struct shibsp::sockaddr_in'
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:127: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct shibsp::sockaddr_in'
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool shibsp::TCPListener::bind(int&, bool) const':
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:144: error: aggregate 'shibsp::sockaddr_in addr' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool shibsp::TCPListener::connect(int&) const':
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:170: error: aggregate 'shibsp::sockaddr_in addr' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool shibsp::TCPListener::accept(int&, int&) const':
remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp:194: error: aggregate 'shibsp::sockaddr_in addr' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
gmake[3]: *** [TCPListener.lo] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/tristan/shib/shibboleth-2.1/shibsp'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/tristan/shib/shibboleth-2.1/shibsp'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/tristan/shib/shibboleth-2.1'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
You can see the config.log here: http://dev.emu.uoregon.edu/~tristan/config.log

I have some programming experience, but almost none in C++, so I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out what's wrong. I was hoping one of you might be able to point me in the right direction.

If all else fails I'll try installing the Shibboleth-2.1 RPM in Linux compatibility mode, but I'm so close to getting this compiled and installed that I'd really like to get it working.

Thanks!
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th January 2009
Knuth's homeboy

- What is Shibboleth?

- Download link for the source code?
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th January 2009
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephemera View Post
- What is Shibboleth?

- Download link for the source code?
Ah, sorry! Shibboleth is an Internet 2 single sign-on project. We are attempting to provide some single sign-on services to our users and are required to use Shibboleth to do so.

Project Home:
http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/

Installation Instructions:
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display...nuxSourceBuild

Source:
http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/down.../cppsp/latest/
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th January 2009
Knuth's homeboy

Try adding: #include <netinet/in.h>
to the file remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp. (this will likely throw up a new set of errors )
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th January 2009
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephemera View Post
Try adding: #include <netinet/in.h>
to the file remoting/impl/TCPListener.cpp. (this will likely throw up a new set of errors )
Whoa! It's almost miraculous, but I think it compiled and installed successfully! I still need to see if I can actually run the program and get it configured properly, but so far so good. Thanks so much!