DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading

OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 29th December 2010
Port Guard

Default issues with "Dbus"

Got myself a copy of OpenBSD 4.8 AMD64 and installed without any problems. But once i installed Gnome things got unstable to say the least.

I keep getting these in /log/messages

"bsd gnome-session[31230]: WARNING: Could not connect to ConsoleKit: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory"

tried deinstalling / reinstalling everything related to DBUS and / or Gnome

tried adding users such as messagebus and systembus

tried followup on approx 25-30 google threads

tried (just to see) manually creating /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket, and that changes error message to "socket operation on non-socket"

tried about everything i can think of except complete reinstall of OBSD from scratch (wich i am severely reluctant to do since it took a great deal of time just to get X running at all)

What is wrong? broken dependencies? broken libs? missing users? bad / wrong user / daemon rights?