DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading

OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading OpenBSD.

Old 11th May 2012
bsdstudent

Congratulations pcronin ! I'm happy you succeeded !
So you are a pc Ronin ? hopefully a Musashi-like Samurai soon .. ;-) .. hashimemashte !
Quote:
Next step for me is to make X look pretty
Aren't you satisfied with fvwm? how I love its being practical & kind to system ressources.
Newbie as I am, I won't exaggerate if I say The BSDs are the least hyped Giants behind the Net and OpenBSD is a beautiful gift to the OpenWorld .. it is the FudoShin of programming practice.
Old 15th May 2012
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonfowl View Post
Congratulations pcronin ! I'm happy you succeeded !
So you are a pc Ronin ? hopefully a Musashi-like Samurai soon .. ;-) .. hashimemashte !
heh heh. I'm a bit too Irish to claim that, just a happy co-incidence, tho I enjoy the Kenshin series.
Quote:
Aren't you satisfied with fvwm? how I love its being practical & kind to system ressources.
Newbie as I am, I won't exaggerate if I say The BSDs are the least hyped Giants behind the Net and OpenBSD is a beautiful gift to the OpenWorld .. it is the FudoShin of programming practice.
I'm very used to OS X's features, expose' and the like. FVWM is, out of the box at least, even too minimalist for me. Maybe I should read the docs and force myself to use it for a while

I am hoping to reclaim my own Mac Mini (Core 2 solo) from my mother soon, OpenBSD will be going on it to hopefully be my AP and internal web/file server.
Old 17th May 2012
bsdstudent

Hi pcronin !
I needn't tweak anything except adding xphoon (or xplanet) to /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc .. or add an xsetroot -solid <yourfavoritecolor> line instead .. you can use xcolors to choose from a wide range of colors.