DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading

OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading OpenBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th February 2020
New User

Default [drm] *ERROR* after upgrading from 6.5 to 6.6

Hi guys,

Greetings to all of you....

New here, first post...

I was upgrading from version 6.1 to 6.6 going through all versions - version by version. Except some problems with resolution in ver 6.2 and 6.3, all went good and nice till I upgraded from 6.5 to 6.6. After upgrading to ver 6.6 during boot screen goes blank for a minut or two (before it switches to 1024x768 res) and after that it boots up ok, except the fact that it shows at the end these messages (laptop ThinkPad R61i)

"
[drm] *ERROR* [CRTC:34: pipe ] flip_done timed out
[drm] *ERROR* [CONNECTOR:54:SVIDEO- ] flip_done timed out
[drm] *ERROR* [CRTC:41: pipe ] flip_done timed out
"

I also have "vblank wait timed on crtc 0" as well as "vblank wait timed out on crtc 1"

Any help much appreciated.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th February 2020
Spam Deminer

Mailing list thread which you've already posted to: https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=158075176525622

Consider responding to that thread with your dmesg, seeing as you have the exact same hardware as the OP.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th February 2020
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwulf View Post
Mailing list thread which you've already posted to: https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=158075176525622

Consider responding to that thread with your dmesg, seeing as you have the exact same hardware as the OP.

Hi.

I did not know these forums are linked in someways. I posted dmesg on that nabble.com already where thread was started by Jacek, but if you like I could do that here as well. Only solution advice from Aaron there was to disable inteldrm during boot (boot -c) but this just stopped the ERROR messages - since then OpenbSD will not switch to higher resolution. I do not know what happened between ver 6.5 and 6.6; in version 6.5 during boot process there was not such a problem with graphics - it just switched to better res with no error messages. Same laptop was used then.

Let me kow if you still want me to post dmesg here.

regards

Kris
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th February 2020
More noise than signal

They are not linked. The Project mailing lists are the only official communication paths for users. This is an unofficial forum.