DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th August 2018
New User

Default building m:tier-like -stable package updates

Hello daemonforums.org, hello fellow OpenBSD users!

I am currently in the process of replacing some linux-bases machines with OpenBSD. On some I can neither run -current, compile ports directly, or use m:tiers service. This leaves me with building my own -stable packages.

I am in the process of familiarizing myself with dpb and proot and able to build updates for a subset of packages I provide .

However, I wonder how to keep track of which ports need updating and how to build different subsets of packages for different hosts in a semi-automated fashion.

One way I could think about is to build the whole tree (is that even possible?) and then just sequentially pull cvs and rebuild, but man dpb even talks about
Code:
dpb -R
failing in certain situations.

In the end i am looking for a m:tier-like solution i can run in an closed environment.

I would be grateful for any hints or tips, thanks.