DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd September 2010
Port Guard

Default ports says error 1

I got ports working by using the FAQs. I was trying to get flash working, so i got Opera. It installed just fine. Then i tried to get opera-flashplugin and it kept saying error 1 and would not work. If i used the wrong ports, then wouldn't Opera not work either? i also keep getting "acpi Critical Temperature reached error" after getting opera. it wont let me boot. The only way to get it to go away is to shutdown improperly (pull the power plug before shutdown). Every time i su to root, the acpi error shows up at next boot. This only happens when i connect to the internet to get packages with Konsole in root. I also have had my mouse get stuck in the right border of the screen. Are these issues related? how do i resolve them. I am new to OpenBSD.

I also noticed that when i ping it takes very long. Normally pinging yahoo takes 20-25 ms. Now it takes 500-600ms. Is this related. Could someone be launching an automated attack?
My system:
Compaq presario w/1.66ghz processor (AMD)
1 gig ram
OpenBSD 4.7, Vista Home Premium, Fedora (latest) triple boot

In OpenBSD:
KDE 3.5
Opera (from ports)
fedora_base