DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th May 2010
New User

Default DHCP / multiple search domains

I have a OpenBSD DHCP server on a network that is in need of having 2 different search domains distributed to the DHCP clients.

When this was proposed to me my first reaction was that it is not possible. They then said that Micro$oft can do it. That irritated me.

I have read quite a bit on this and maybe I am misunderstanding but as I read the documentation on the directive "option domain-name" it appears it only useful for ONE domain name.

Currently to counter this the other IT guys are assigning the second domain name manually on the client machines, and they would rather not do this.

Thanks for any thoughts you can give me.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th May 2010
More noise than signal

Not yet. The built-in dhcpd server does not have domain-search. See https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp...ry/010846.html
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th May 2010
More noise than signal

Forgot to mention: net/isc-dhcp is in the ports/packages system. That is ISC DHCP 3.1.3.