DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > NetBSD > NetBSD General

NetBSD General Other questions regarding NetBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th February 2013
Port Guard

Default Intel graphics

I've got a notebook with a Sandybridge chip and integrated Intel graphics usually using the i915 driver on Linux.

It seems as though it is not recognized by the system because Xorg won't find any devices when I try to use the "intel" driver.

I've installed modular-xorg with the xf86-video-intel driver. i915drm is on by default in the kernel. Running lspci shows the intel video card.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th February 2013
Administrator

Check this one mate:
http://daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=7675

Linux is not UNIX! Face it! It is not an insult. It is fact: GNU is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not UNIX”.
vermaden's: links resources deviantart spreadbsd
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th February 2013
Port Guard

Thanks a lot. That looks really promising. I'll check it out and report here how everything worked out.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 6th February 2013
Port Guard

Followed the instructions in the post linked above. If you have the right kernel version it works as far as I can say until now.

My machine booted with the kernel and X starts without any complaints about missing drivers.

I need to test a desktop environment to check out how it works. At the moment I've only got Fluxbox installed.

Hope it makes it into the NetBSD repositories soon.
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th February 2013
Port Guard

Well, two days later everything broke done again without me knowing why that happened. Suddenly the kernle didn't load any Intel related modules because the device wasn't recognized as such one.
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 20th February 2013
Package Pilot

I would recommend you try the -current for new Intel graphics, you can find the snapshots here:

http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/