DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Everything else.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th August 2017
VPN Cryptographer

Default FreeBSD bashing on FreeBSD forum

I've grown weary of the now allowed FreeBSD bashing by Linux users over there so I'm moving back here. Too bad this forum isn't as active but maybe that can change.

What happened is, a new guy showed up over there and bashed FreeBSD to bits while promoting Linux and Debian over it. At least two others called him a troll. I called the guy out but was told by the mod that he's uneducated and we need to win him over. Then my signature was censored.

The new guy said he was "self banning" himself and removing FreeBSD from his machine cause Debian was better but he showed back up a couple of days later and continued his BSD bashing ways.

After 14 years of being on FreeBSD forums, going back to bsdforums.com, I have never seen such behavior and I won't be a part of it. Things really went downhill after @DutchDaemon quit moderating.

Last edited by drhowarddrfine; 17th August 2017 at 03:43 PM.