DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th March 2019
Port Guard

Default Error instal·ling festival on OpenBSD 6.4

Hi,
I would like to use festival, computerized voice program, and I go to /usr/ports/audio/festival but I can't compile it.

Code:
lenovo# cd /usr/ports/audio/festival/                                                                           
lenovo# make install clean
===> audio/festival/arctic
===> audio/festival/arctic/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts
===>  Checking files for festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts-20040804
`/usr/ports/distfiles/festival/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts-20040804/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts.tar.gz' is up to date.
>> (SHA256) festival/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts-20040804/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts.tar.gz: OK
===> festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts-20040804 depends on: festival-* - not found
===>  Verifying install for festival-* in audio/festival/core
===>  festival-1.95betap7   is only for alpha hppa mips64 mips64el powerpc sh sparc64, not amd64 .
*** Error 1 in arctic/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2132 '/usr/ports/pobj/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts-20040804/.dep-audio-festival-core')
*** Error 1 in arctic/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2523 '/usr/ports/pobj/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts-20040804/.extract_done')
*** Error 1 in arctic/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2003 '/usr/ports/packages/amd64/all/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts-20040804.tgz')
*** Error 1 in arctic/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2465 '_internal-package')
*** Error 1 in arctic/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2444 'package')
*** Error 1 in arctic/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2021 '/var/db/pkg/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts-20040804/+CONTENTS')
*** Error 1 in arctic/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2444 'install')
===> Exiting audio/festival/arctic/festvox_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts with an error
*** Error 1 in arctic (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.subdir.mk:147 'install')
===> Exiting audio/festival/arctic with an error
*** Error 1 in /usr/ports/audio/festival (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.subdir.mk:147 'install')
lenovo#
Can somebody give me some trick, please?

Last edited by joancatala; 4th March 2019 at 11:11 AM.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th March 2019
Administrator

From the output posted, it is not currently available on amd64.
Code:
===>  festival-1.95betap7   is only for alpha hppa mips64 mips64el powerpc sh sparc64, not amd64 .
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th March 2019
Port Guard

Default I understand

ok, thanks very much for your answer.

The only think is weird to me is why I have this port available if I am using OpenBSD 6.4 for 64bits and the port is not available to my laptop's architecture :/
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th March 2019
More noise than signal

It's a compiler issue. See line #3 in the core Makefile. In addition, the last entry in the core Makefile's cvs log says:
Quote:
Set COMPILER=base-gcc, this version of festival doesn't build with clang or
with newer gcc. The whole audio/festival/* subtree needs an update/reworking.
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th March 2019
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joancatala View Post
The only think is weird to me is why I have this port available if I am using OpenBSD 6.4 for 64bits and the port is not available to my laptop's architecture :/
For ease of use. As it is, the ports tree can be maintained on a single machine and mounted through NFS to the actual build machines. It is on the various build machines where all the object files and other intermediate files are constructed.

Architecture limitation can be found in the port’s Makefile.

Last edited by ocicat; 4th March 2019 at 12:35 PM.
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th March 2019
More noise than signal

It's more than that. A single tree is used globally by all the port maintainers. I can build a port and test it on the 2 architectures I have access to, and then share my port with the word for review, testing and building on others architectures that I've never seen. For example, one of my ports is marked $BROKEN on alpha, and that's because I learned that through test reports about it on the ports@ mailing list. There are 12 current and 20 historical architectures, and having separate ports trees for all of that would be a development nightmare.

The Porter's Handbook