DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th May 2008
New User

Default FAM keeps crashing with courier-imap

I have a server with courier-imap up and running. I get the following error messages when my mail client checks for mail:

Failed to create cache file: maildirwatch (user)
Error input/Output error
Check for proper operation and configuration
of the File Access Monitor daemon (famd)

fam is installed and I run it in daemon mode by hand, how is it suppose to be configured to run? I run it by hand but it dies after a while and the error messages com back. I use supervise and a similar fate is seen. It would stop working (error messages from courier-imap would return) after a while even though it was still running (or so says svstat). rpcstat also showed it still running as well.

Thanks
Krreagan