DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading

OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 3rd April 2014
New User

Default New OpenBSD installation on HDD with Windows

Hi,

If there is anyone out there that could help me with this problem I would honestly apreciate it...

I have a computer with a clean install of Windows 7 and I would like to install on the same drive OpenBSD. I had some previous attempts with FreeBSD, Debian and Windows and that was a mess, had to format everything ... This time if anyone who actually did it, could point me in the right dirrection, at least for the followings:
  1. Create partitions. How many, one for swap, one for home, one for boot, etc (and what format if not default?).
  2. Make the computer boot from Windows Loader's or OpenBSD's loader, and how should I do that? (some links to good tuts would be just greate)
  3. What would be the total amount of space that I should use for OpenBSD and all its partitions? Would 100GB be enaugh?

I know it's lame, but I can't just "ditch" Windows since I'm not the only one using the computer.

Much obliged...

My rig:
CPU: i7 3770
GPU: NVidia GTX 760
RAM: 8GB
MB: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H

Last edited by cableguy; 3rd April 2014 at 08:11 PM. Reason: typos

Tags
bootmgr, openbsd, windows 7