DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th September 2009
Port Guard

Question Operating BSD partitions through XP

So the frequent question is asked, 'How do I access NTFS through OpenBSD?'. But I want to know something slightly different. I need to use XP for the next two years for certain reasons, like I need to use Delphi, open Office '07 documents, use common software, etc - It just ain't happening on OpenBSD, even though I prefer it.

Before I wipe OpenBSD, I will need to copy a large amount of data from my BSD partition to a NTFS equivalent. Or, I could just use software that allows me to access BSD partitions through XP, but I don't think such software exists. So, should I make a NTFS partition now, copy the data across, then install XP on the other NTFS partition, or should I make a new NTFS partition, install XP on it, then copy the BSD partition data to a NTFS one through XP?

I'm assuming that the first method will require Samba to get to the NTFS partition?

Tags
ntfs, openbsd, partition, windows, xp