DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th March 2014
New User

Default TTY background color?

Hello everyone,

I was unsatisfied with the resolution of my TTY, so I followed the instructions here: on the OpenBSD FAQ Chapter 7 Section 5 titled "How do I use a console resolution of 80x50? (some amd64, i386, Alpha)" (sorry, can't post links in the first 5 posts, let me know if you need help finding it) to get a better resolution, but now all of the ttys have this funky brown/red background color, even the ones that should not have been affected by the change.

Is it possible to change the background color of one or all ttys without installing any additional packages? Like using a config file, or environment variable? Also, I should not that I did a TTY-only installation (no x-server or other gui-ness), so the solution should be cli only.

Thanks in advance,

Misha

EDIT: Did a little digging, and it looks like wsdisplay has some color map configuration available? Still trying to figure it out though.

Last edited by mishaparem; 28th March 2014 at 08:28 PM. Reason: more information