DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th February 2016
Port Guard

Default connections to some websites impossible

Hello

I am currently trying FreeBSD as a desktop. Works quite fine. But I am currently stucked with something hard.

All connections to localhost websites are buggy.

On my dns resolver there is a script that makes many buggy/shitty domain points to localhost. So connecting to some newspapers takes ages (because the browser tries to load lots of advertisement, holding the connection for the rest of the content).

But it also troubles me with website developement, eg, a python website that I start on the local machine listening to port 8000. The browser does not reach it.

I tried as well with telnet, impossible to connect to the localhost. Eventhough it is listenning (I checked the process list with ps, and the listenning list with netstat).
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th February 2016
Port Guard

solved (why the hell do I always find the solution after asking it on a forum ?).

Firewall problem. -> set skip on lo

Tags
localhost, network