DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Everything else.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th September 2010
New User

Default Which one should i choose?

I am in need of a full-featured flash chat software with good service for my website, but it is so difficult to choose, i search around and cannot decide which one to choose.

I found these solutions:
Avchat
Gchats
V3chat
123flashchat
Realchat
Parachat

Please tell me your opinions on the above, any recommend is appreciated.
Thank you!
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th September 2010
Banned

Avchat, Gchats, and 123flashchat are flash based. Try to avoid this.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th September 2010
Banned

I'm very sceptical about the legitimacy of this post, it's probably spam.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th September 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDfan666 View Post
I'm very sceptical about the legitimacy of this post, it's probably spam.
While the OP's question asked is perhaps outside the norm on this site, I can assure you that all new registrants are checked against actively managed databases of known spammers. While this is not a perfect means of identification, we use a mixture of other measures which stifles most attempts at posting spam here.

However, spammers are constantly looking for new holes to exploit. The current trend is to use new virginal email accounts which have yet to be reported, so they are not tagged as malevolent. Other measures used here thwart a lot of spam from being posted, & what little still gets through is normally eradicated with a few hours. I am being purposefully vague in describing what is & is not done so not to easily educate the vermin, but I will state that we aggressively deal with the issue. It is a complex topic, & we watch the incoming traffic closely.

Lastly, stating publicly concerns about the legitimacy of posts is counter-productive. Some newbie questions will simply appear odd by the very nature of being new, & we should accept it. We should remain positive & supportive such that they remain forthcoming & return if they have legitimate goals & intent. After all, the purpose of sites like this to share useful information to grow our individual skill sets. All of us need to remain vigilant against becoming cynical from the battle-hardening real-world support provides.

So, if any member has questions about individuals having nefarious motives, send private messages to the Administrators. Most likely, we are watching it too, but keeping this site free of spam will only work if we collectively watch the traffic.
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th September 2010
Arp Constable

Most likely it's a human drive by off a search engine, so to speak. Happens from time to time. Typically means either user is not very bright or user is out to get paid. Looking at the list items in the OP, it's always possible to be spam - what ones I've checked out of the products listed are commercial. It could also be legitimate. The only way to make an effective judgement is looking at logs we don't have access to as users, and I'm to lazy to look up the privacy policy DF is using to see what access they have .

I believe the "Report this post" button (it looks like a sign with a ! in it) will PM the administrators very easily for you BSDFan. The administrators here make it easy on us, hehe.

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th September 2010
Banned

Considering this is almost entirely unrelated to the forum, and, seeing as it's a first post here...

I was fairly convinced it was spam and was just trying to communicate this possibility to Mr-Biscuit, should the OP clarify then I'd surely retract my claims though.

I didn't report it this time, but I have in the past, hardly fair to jump on me for failing to follow procedure to the letter.

Why do I even bother.
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th September 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDfan666 View Post
...hardly fair to jump on me for failing to follow procedure to the letter...
I apologize if that is your interpretation. It was not my intention.

We have seen such posts as the OP's before. In fact, I recall it was you who responded to someone thinking this forum was the support arm for Daemon Tools. You did a good job explaining the difference too.
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th September 2010
Banned

BSDfan666, I just wanted to answer the question.