DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th November 2016
Ghost in the Shell

Question Hotplug-diskmount and Calibre

Hey, guys, I have an ereader , Kobo aura H20 (among other things I have an OpenBSD book and some other Unix etc.. books on it), I love the thing to death and Calibre is great piece of third party software for managing it so I thankful to the port maintainer or sponsor or whatnot.

Anyway, my question is if I setup hotplug-diskmount will Calibre recognize my ereader so I can send books directly to my ereader from Calibre ? The way I have been doing it is I have been converting books with Calibre then using the shell to move the books to my ereader using /mnt and the ereader as a generic USB storage device.

I'm too lazy to test it out by setting up hotplug-diskmount if it is not going to work and plus I like installing the least amount of software from ports , as possible, for obvious reasons. However, if you guys tells me it will work then I will set it up. Hey laziness can be a good thing in Unix otherwise people would type the same kind of commands over and over again rather than using aliases and shell scripts etc... work smart not hard !

Maybe, I'm missing something here so if you know another way to do it, other than what I am proposing, then I'm all ears.

BTW, I'm loving the OpenBSD 6.0 stable one of the best version increments, yet, IMHO.

P.S. I have no experience with hotplug-diskmount but I hope I can setup certain profiles I don't want it automatically mounting anything I stick in my USB ports as that seems like a security hazard.

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to answer !

Last edited by Angevin; 13th November 2016 at 10:47 AM. Reason: punctuation and to clarify a minor point and too add a point

Tags
calibre, ereader, hotplug-diskmount