DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Security

OpenBSD Security Functionally paranoid!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th January 2011
Fdisk Soldier

Default normal user for dedicated firewall?

Hi there
Just a very basic question. I've read many arguments against having a regular user(s) for server systems. Most of the arguments against having a regular user are related to not having regular users for servers. The afterboot(8) manpage says that one should create a regular user. I just wanted to know your opinion about whether to have a regular user for a dedicated firewall system. I don't need to log in remotely. Sorry about posting such a trivial question. It's just that i couldn't find anything about this when i googled it.
btw i'm extremely happy with my new OpenBSD4.8 system. I've just brought my system up to date with the latest stable version. Works like a charm.
Thank you for your time and any replies.