DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th January 2010
Arp Constable

Default Current Missing some amd64 Packages

I tried to install a gnome desktop on current amd64 and found that several packages are missing: gnome-utils, totem and evince. They are present in current i386. I saw an announcement that there is a package freeze about a week ago and have not seen any updates to the amd64 branch since Jan 20th.

My questions: Is this typical during a package freeze and should I have just waited until after the freeze to install? Are the missing packages likely to show up if I hold tight for a few days?