DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th May 2008
Port Guard

Default I need help fixing Linux compatibility problems.

So I could watch YouTube on my FreeBSD 7 box I followed these directions to enable Linux compatibility and these directions to get Flash working. If I am logged into the 'root' or 'administrator' accounts, both are in the 'wheel' group, I can watch Flash videos, but I am not able to watch Flash videos while logged into my account. When I try watch the video I get the "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player" message. If I type "about: plugins" in the address bar I get a list of the plugins I have installed and all of them are enabled.

What do I need to do to get Flash working in the accounts that are not part of the wheel group? Is it as simple as changing permissions?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th May 2008
Local

I have not tried stepping through the instructions you followed, but it is possible you need to run the same nspluginwrapper command as your regular user (if you haven't already)?