DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > General software and network

General software and network General OS-independent software and network questions, X11, MTA, routing, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd May 2008
Port Guard

Default nameservers

Hello all,

I stumbled upon this tutorial http://www.howtoforge.com/linux_bind...ing_nameserver (sorry not trying to spam) . I was reading it and really explains how to things step by step, but still I have a problem with configuring nameservers so I came here to ask for help.
I'm trying to figure out the way to make nameservers for domain name "komentari.info" on vps I rented for testing. In order to update nameservers of this domain I should create ones on this vps machine rite.. like ns1 and ns2 or whatever.. the thing is that I add these ns1.komentari.info inside /etc/named.conf inside file it points to /var/zone/named/ns1.komentari.info.zone. I also add httpd.conf inside <Virtualhost> .. and yet I don't manage to change domains nameservers .. I've bought this domain at key-systems.de (sorry if this is spam) and it doesn't allow me to update nameservers because they don't quite exist .. I've been reading a lot to get an idea how DNS works and I'm pretty much there just I'm missing something. Can you guys help me, which file/s should I edit .. or if I'm doing something wrong to start with can someone put me in the right direction? I've been googling but this tutorial is the best I could find for this type of setup ..
Thank you in advance