DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD Ports and Packages

FreeBSD Ports and Packages Installation and upgrading of ports and packages on FreeBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th July 2009
Shell Scout

Default Broken ports in /usr/ports/x11

Hi,

I've started portmaster yesterday to upgrade my ports, but I've encountered for the first time errors while upgrading. Well, I guess there's always a first time for everything, but till now I was not able to fix the issue, so I'm asking you for help

The first error was encountered while upgrading x11/gnome-desktop:

Code:
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/dtds/scrollkeeper-omf-1.0/scrollkeeper-omf.dtd
/usr/ports/x11/gnome-desktop/work/gnome-desktop-2.26.3/desktop-docs/gpl/gpl.omf.in:2:
 warning: failed to load external entity "http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/dtds/scrollkeeper-omf-1.0/scrollkeeper-omf.dtd"
p://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/dtds/scrollkeeper-omf-1.0/scrollkeeper-omf.dtd"
                                                                               ^
Making all in lgpl
/usr/local/bin/xml2po: not found
gmake[3]: *** [ar/lgpl.xml] Error 127
gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/gnome-desktop.
The above I/O error : Attempt to load network.... is repeated a lot of times and then the build fails.

/usr/local/bin/xml2po: not found - don't know where exactly it fails, probably xml2po executes some other commands, but here's what I've got in /usr/local/bin:

Code:
# ls -l /usr/local/bin/xml2po
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  28691 Jun 17 19:17 /usr/local/bin/xml2po
The second port that I tried to install yesterday and again encountered errors while building is x11/rxvt-unicode:

Code:
===>   rxvt-unicode-9.06 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/perl5.8.9 - found
===>  Patching for rxvt-unicode-9.06
===>   rxvt-unicode-9.06 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/mach/Encode/HanExtra.pm - found
===>   rxvt-unicode-9.06 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/mach/Encode/JIS2K.pm - found
===>   rxvt-unicode-9.06 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/perl5.8.9 - found
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for rxvt-unicode-9.06
Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/mach/auto/Encode/HanExtra/HanExtra.so' for module Encode::HanExtra:
 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/mach/auto/Encode/HanExtra/HanExtra.so: Undefined symbol "PL_stack_max"
 at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/mach/XSLoader.pm line 70.
 at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/mach/Encode/HanExtra.pm line 7
Compilation failed in require at ./gentables line 11.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./gentables line 11.
*** Error code 255

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/rxvt-unicode.
Checking chinese/p5-Encode-HanExtra/pkg-desc I see this:
Code:
If you are using perl 5.8 or later, Encode::CN and Encode::TW will
automatically load the extra encodings for you, so there's no need to
explicitly write use Encode::HanExtra if you are using one of them already.
So I changed the lines to Encode::CN and Encode::TW, but that doesn't help either. Seems that the patching of the files is not being done correctly.

I had to patch the files manually and then start the building again, but after some time it fails again, complaining about errors like below:
Code:
 error: 'void from_imlocale_to_locale(const char*, const char*, wchar_t*, int)' previously defined here
Probably the patches are not working, at least for me

Any ideas, hints?

Thanks,
D

Useful links: FreeBSD Handbook | FreeBSD Developer's Handbook | The Porter's Handbook | PF User's Guide | unix-heaven.org
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th July 2009
Spam Deminer

What happens if you run '/usr/local/bin/xml2po' ? Mine was left in an odd state due to the upgrade to python2.6. I had to upgrade the gnome-doc-utils port manually to get xml2po to use the correct version of python.

Adam
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th July 2009
ISO Quartermaster

See here:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/f...ne/022694.html

There's a few Gnome ports you have to upgrade manually after the Python update.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th July 2009
Shell Scout

Thank you all for the feedback!

I do remember now that I had to upgrade to python26 a couple of weeks ago and said to myself not to forget to upgrade all the other relevant ports, but seems that I forgot about that

The interesting part of this is that I didn't get any errors while using the 'outdated' python dependent ports.

After upgrading the ports to python26 everything is fine - x11/gnome-desktop is building just fine, that's a relief

But the issue with rxvt-unicode is still relevant - don't know why... Perhaps somethings else I'm missing here..

Regards,
D

P.S.: Hey, where did the "Thanks" button go? I don't see it anymore..

Useful links: FreeBSD Handbook | FreeBSD Developer's Handbook | The Porter's Handbook | PF User's Guide | unix-heaven.org

Last edited by DNAeon; 5th July 2009 at 08:27 PM.