DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th November 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Default download specific file from freebsd source

Hello I have a question about a good way to download a specific file from the freebsd source.

The file I look for is the linux_futex.c linux_futex.h from freebsd7-stable or current.

I tried to see if there was some directory for source in the ftp, but I could not find it.
Alternatively I guess I could use csup with a test directory and download src-sys for freebsd 7-stable/current and get the file from there. But that seems really unnecessary since I would get so much extra files.
Can I specify the sup-file more exactly for instance ~"src-sys/compat/linux"-ish in some way? But I guess cvsup is not for getting specific files.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th November 2008
Administrator

There is a web interface for CVS where you can download individual files: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cg.../compat/linux/
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th November 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Haha that is a good interface.