DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > NetBSD > NetBSD General

NetBSD General Other questions regarding NetBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th April 2009
Port Guard

Default Marvell 88E8038 ethernet adaptor doesn't work with NetBSD 5, even with ACPI disabled

I ran into an annoying situation with NetBSD 5 (installed via Jibbed):

My Marvell 88E8038 appears as msk0. However, running dhcpcd on it always times out, and I can't seem to get a connection at all. No unusual messages appear in dmesg... Anyone know what this is? With ACPI disabled, this card used to work...

(FWIW: with ACPI disabled, the ethernet controller doesn't appear at all. This is due to limitations in my laptop's BIOS; there's nothing I can do about it, except maybe get APM working.)
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th December 2009
New User

What length staples should I use on a staple gun for ethernet cables? I want to know the recommended staple length I need to use on a staple gun for putting ethernet cables on the wall/floor.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th December 2009
Shell Scout

Does ifconfig msk0 show something? Try ifconfig msk0 up and then dhclient?

BTW do you use dhclient or dhcpcd?

Piotr.