DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD Ports and Packages

FreeBSD Ports and Packages Installation and upgrading of ports and packages on FreeBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th October 2008
New User

Default Change compile options for a determined port

Guys,
Sorry for the silly question, but when I compile something from ports and change my mind on one option,
I usually ctrl+C it, edit "/var/db/ports/port-name/options" and continue.

I can't find a similar file for the aterm port. Do you know where are compile options stored for the aterm port so that I may make some changes?
There's an option which I didn't pay attention to that is causing firefox2 to be compiled, but I don't want it.

Please let me know your thoughts, thanks in advance!

-Walter

PS=Does anyone know what happened to bsdforums.org ?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th October 2008
Arp Constable

try 'make config'

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th October 2008
Coffee Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treppiede View Post
Sorry for the silly question, but when I compile something from ports and change my mind on one option,
I usually ctrl+C it, edit "/var/db/ports/port-name/options" and continue.
For ports that use the OPTIONS framework (ones that would create such a file you mentioned and have the blue screen) do not edit those files manually. Simply run:
# make config
Then select the options you want and they will be saved.

Quote:
I can't find a similar file for the aterm port. Do you know where are compile options stored for the aterm port so that I may make some changes?
It doesn't look like the aterm port uses the OPTIONS framework, so you will have to supply build options yourself. Look through the Makefile and supply the options in the make command. E.g.:
# make WITH_MENUBAR=yes install clean

Quote:
PS=Does anyone know what happened to bsdforums.org ?
In short, bsdforums fell victim to massive spamming due to an inattentive administrator and has been abandoned by all of the regular members. This forum was formed as its replacement and is where most bsdforums regulars have migrated.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th October 2008
New User

Guys, thanks for your help.
It is sad to find out about bsdforums.org, but I am glad to have found your Community again.

BSDKaffee: Even though it appears aterm does not use the "OPTIONS framerwork", I did get a blue config screen and selected an option that caused the fetching of firefox2.

Unfortunately, I was doing a lot of things at the same time and did not pay the necessary attention, so I don't even remember what it was.
I looked through the Makefile and couldn't "grep -i" for anything like "firefox" or "mozilla", so I am unsure on the right option to specify.

Here's a log of the output of the port being installed before I ctrl+C it due to ffox2 fetching, does it help?

Thank you in advance for your attention, please let me know your thoughts.

-Walter

EDIT: Ok, fixed! This took care of it, thanks again for your suggestion BSDKaffee!
Code:
# make WITHOUT_BACKGROUND_IMAGE=yes install clean

Last edited by Treppiede; 5th October 2008 at 05:47 AM.
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th October 2008
Coffee Addict

You got a blue screen for graphics/librsvg2 and must have selected to build the MOZILLA_PLUGIN. That is why it started to pull in Firefox. It has nothing to do with aterm directly.

graphics/librsvg2 is a dependency of graphics/libafterimage which is required by aterm if WITH_BACKGROUND_IMAGE is defined (default).

I honestly don't know what that knob does since I don't use aterm, but if you would still like to use it but just don't want Firefox, then just reconfigure librsvg2 to not build the mozilla plugin:
# cd /usr/ports/graphics/librsvg2 && make config
It will give you the blue screen again and just uncheck the box.