DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading

OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th July 2009
New User

Default Problem Installing From External DVD Drive

I haven't used my Eee 701 since "upgrading" to an Eee 901 over 6 months ago. I decided I wanted to turn it into a RADIUS server for my wireless network, and thought OpenBSD would be the perfect OS for that. I have an external USB DVD drive for the Eee, so I burned the install45.iso to a CD-RW and boot from it.

I'm following along the install guide, and everything goes along fine until step 4.5.5 - Choosing installation media. When prompted to chose the location of the sets, this is what I get:
Let's install the sets!
Location of sets? (disk ftp http or 'done') [disk]

Notice there is no cd option, even though I'm booting from a CD. If I chose the default disk option, I then get:

Is the disk already mounted? [no]
Available disks are: wd0 sd0.
Which one contains the install media? (or 'done') [wd0]

Since wd0 is the drive I'm installing to, I type in sd0, and then it says:
No file systemsfound on sd0
If I try the default option [wd0], no surprise, it says device is busy. If I say yes when asked if the disk is mounted, it prompts me for the path to the sets, but I don't know what to put there since I don't know where the CD is mounted.

Now what do I do?