DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading

OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th April 2011
Arp Constable

Default Installing for dual boot w/o CD/Floppy

I've just purchased a ASUS netbook, and it came loaded with Win7 starter and nothing but USB ports and memory card slots. I don't own a USB floopy or CD-ROM drive, and don't really want to buy one.

Originally I was thinking, that I would like to install OpenBSD on it and utilize it as a terminal for SSH/X11 to a much more powerful Linux box. Although as is, this damn thing is faster than my 5-year old laptop! So maybe that's a moot point.

Either way, I would kinda like to try OpenBSD on this :-)

My problem is twofold: using only USB (I've got a 4GB stick) or an SD card, how can I both resize the partitions for a dual boot, and install OpenBSD? I assume this will help for doing the USB stick but, the resize, I'm kinda clueless on... lol

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.