DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd November 2013
New User

Lightbulb Info for openbsd manual in italian language

Hello i ask info for me, in general is not problem to understand english language for tech book but sometimes is good that i see my language in the book, exist a openbsd manual in italian language?

greetings
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd November 2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilparente View Post
...sometimes is good that i see my language in the book, exist a openbsd manual in italian language?
Welcome!

In the upper left-hand of the project's official page:

http://www.openbsd.org/index.html

...is a list of the active translations. Following the teams link is contact information for a number of languages -- including Italian. You may wish to contact the person listed for status. It does not look like the effort to translate the project documentation into Italian is considered to be active at this time.

Likewise, the groups page also lists an Italian user's group, however, in looking at their Webpage, it didn't very current. Nevertheless, a contact address is provided; so it may be worth the effort to contact this person for additional information too.

Last edited by ocicat; 23rd November 2013 at 02:44 PM. Reason: add group information
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd November 2013
More noise than signal

Hello, and welcome!

The OpenBSD project's man pages are all in English only. There are active teams that translate web pages. See http://www.openbsd.org/translation.html for details, including Email addresses and even to status of individual pages with Italian translations.

(Looking there, I discovered that there are four web pages available in Italian, and two of those pages are currently up to date.)
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd November 2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
(Looking there, I discovered that there are four web pages available in Italian, and two of those pages are currently up to date.)
I now see what jggimi was referring to above:

http://steelix.bsdfrog.org/status/makereport.html

I suspect this supercedes what I was finding at the higher level translation page.