DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading

OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th October 2009
Fdisk Soldier

Default Second Hard Drive

Greetings:

I've a second hard drive (internal) that I couldn't set up during the install program.

It's a larger drive; and I'm already beginning to peg my /home directory limits of my original HDD.

Reading up on Section 14, I'd like to start using that disk. It talks about copying/xfering the usr/local directory. I need to copy /home over; but would like to know if the new disk can be used/integrated better.

(thinking of splitting the disk to two partitions - usr and home - or using some of it for Virtualbox(if I can get it running under emul/linux) or KQEMU virtual images of Windoze and/or Linux)

Q1: With about 100GB available; what would be a good way to partition the second drive? Do people use GParted here, or are there better tools used here in OBSD?

Any suggestions and tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by IronForge; 28th October 2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: terminology & typo