DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > General software and network

General software and network General OS-independent software and network questions, X11, MTA, routing, etc.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 20th January 2010
VPN Cryptographer

Default ksh history and rm *

Hello,

I have a couple questions on the stock (pd)ksh running on NetBSD 5.0.1. The first question is that in tcsh and bash there are options to eliminate duplicate entries in history -- e.g., in tcsh set histdup=erase Is there a similar setting in ksh.

Also, is there a setting like the tcsh setting set rmstar in ksh that will warn on rm *? I've read about putting a -i file in the directory, but that would have to be put into every directory to offer system wide protection.

Also, when I ssh into the system, in tcsh I had a bold prompt such as: jmjcoder@netbsd-box% In ksh I can enter the prompt with \033 type codes and all is well (it displays the bold fine) and I can even set it to a variable and it displays properly (I can echo the variable and it displays correctly), but when I set it to PS1, I just get the codes and not the ansi effects I'm after. ???
And the WORD was made flesh, and dwelt among us. (John 1:14)