DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD Ports and Packages

FreeBSD Ports and Packages Installation and upgrading of ports and packages on FreeBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th October 2011
New User

Default Chromium loses focus in text boxes

I've been a Firefox user forever. In the last couple of weeks I wanted to give chromium a try. I compiled the latest version from ports. It seems to work great but it randomly loses its focus when you're typing something in a textbox. Clicking in the box doesn't help and sometimes you have to refresh the page or just wait until it feels like focusing again. I have this same problem on both my computers. I am running 8.2 on AMD64 if that matters.

Does anyone who runs Chromium have this problem?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th October 2011
Banned

You should really use packages to rule out the possibility of it being a problem with your build, if you're able to repeat it.. send a bug report to the maintainer.

EDIT: Apologies, I wrote my reply mistakenly thinking I was in the OpenBSD section, however it should still hold. Just a suggestion, but OpenBSD also has a well maintained port of Chromium.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th October 2011
Spam Refugee

@kly, I have the same problem in 9-BETA3/amd64, and have it with the regular (gcc) and the clang builds, also with the binary packages from the previous versions. This appears to be upstream.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th October 2011
New User

Hmmm interesting. It sounds like it's something the Chromium team still has to fix. OK thanks guys!
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th October 2011
Spam Refugee

FTR: I'm now using Chrome 16 (from the paid development branch) without a problem. I also used the Chrome 14 version from that branch without problems. Both are clang based.

Last edited by DutchDaemon; 15th November 2014 at 08:35 PM.