DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD Ports and Packages

FreeBSD Ports and Packages Installation and upgrading of ports and packages on FreeBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th July 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Default Akregator crashes

I'm using Akregator 1.2.8 and KDE 3.5.8 on a FreeBSD 7.0-p2 machine. Akregator will start ok and I can see all my RSS Feeds (in which I have about 30). When I click on one of the links it opens up a web browser tab within Akregator like normal, loads half the page and then crashes.

It doesn't happen with every feed, but if one has the problem it will keep doing it every time. I've started Akregator from the command line and there is no debug information there.

How do I go about fixing this problem?
Is there a later version and how do I upgrade Akregator, as it seems to be within on of the many KDE packages.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th July 2008
Arp Constable

The latest version is Akregator 1.2.5 as part of KDE-PIM 3.5.5. according to their website.

freebsd.org/ports is only showing kdepim-3.5.8_1.

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th July 2008
Fdisk Soldier

I've updated to 3.5.8_1 and it still crashes. It will crash every time if I click on 'All Feeds' at the top.