DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Other Operating Systems > Other BSD and UNIX/UNIX-like

Other BSD and UNIX/UNIX-like Any other flavour of BSD or UNIX that does not have a section of its own.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd June 2008
Spam Deminer

Quote:
And to all Macmanicas: answer me one question please - did you buy the Mac for UNIX purposes or desktop use? So don't tell me something about Jobs marketing yada-yada-yada. You bought the Mac because this kind of desktop fits your idea of it. And the 'UNIX under the surface' is something to ease your 'opensource conscience' look boy, it's a UNIX(TM) too and it's even something like a FreeBSD (in fact it's something FreeBSD, BSD4.x, NextStep(based on BSD4.x), Mach, NetBSD, GNU and some commercial glue mixed up to represent something UNIX according to the definition of the OpenGroup).
What's this supposed to mean? Is it free bait because I'll rip you apart. Have you ever used Mac OS X? If you install X11 and MacPorts, then it feels no different than any other Unix out there. It's just a Unix with a fancy GUI. I like it, but don't care too much for it. Give me X11 with twm, and I will be happy.