DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th July 2008
Rc.conf Instructor

Default Java JDK

I thought, I would never ask this question in my life but something important came out and I have to have those idiotic Java plug-ins for web-browsers.
I read FAQ about Java installation on OpenBSD and following direction I run
make and read the massage. I did edited mk.conf file with the license acceptance. Then I went to SUN web-site to fetch source files.
Unfortunately the link from the OpenBSD installation message has been removed so I got redirected to some other SUN's download site.
After 1.5 hour of browsing (nice job SUN in making hard to navigate web-site) the only thing I see are source files for OpenSolaris and Linux.

Are there source files and patches for OpenBSD or that is the thing of the past.
I know that starting November 1st there would be binary packages for OpenBSD but in my understanding they will not contain browsers plug-ins.
I also noticed that FreeBSD binary packages despite claims about the new agreement are two years old and require 6.1 of FreeBSD to run.

Thanks