DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD Security

FreeBSD Security Securing FreeBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd August 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Question jails, aliasing, router, and dmz?

I was wondering,

I want to set up an ftpd. My freebsd computer is behind a router and i dont really know enough about firewalls to set one up properly although im starting to read up on pf lately and hopefully before too long understand it better. I have jails set up finally and am running httpd on one, and an ftpd on another. My host is pretty much not running any open connections anymore (besides ssh) now that I know how to jail them. How much of a security risk is it, and is it even possible, to have the ip of the ftpd set in the dmz on my router? im running pureftpd and want to know exactly how much of a risk that is. That is the only open connection on that jail. I dont even have ssh running in it. Im just learning now so please bear with me.

Thanks.

Tags
ftp, jail