DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading

OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th January 2010
New User

Default 4.6/i386 hangs when installing on a Gateway laptop

I am also having a problem booting the OpenBSD 4.6 install CD on a Gateway CX200 laptop / tablet, but disabling APM as per above instructions didn't solve it. The same CD installed on other computers, so it's not a media issue. I also tried changing some BIOS settings, which had no effect. This laptop handled Linux, FreeBSD, and even Haiku w/o any major problems.

The last line of blue-bg output (following "COM# at" lines) is "pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5".

Then something bizarre happens: the computer freezes with ALL indicator lights shining bright blue (regardless of the battery / adapter condition), and even the power button doesn't work, so the only way I had of turning it off was pulling out the battery. Another time it shut off by itself after a few minutes, which probably happened due to overheating. No permanent damage was done to the laptop.