DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > Book reviews

Book reviews Reviews of books related to BSD and computing in general.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 1st May 2008
Local

Default BSD UNIX Toolbox: 1000+ Commands for FreeBSD, OpenBSD and NetBSD

BSD UNIX Toolbox: 1000+ Commands for FreeBSD, OpenBSD and NetBSD
by Christopher Negus, Francois Caen

Ready for preordering at amazon (and presumably elsewhere) for a relatively low price. Scheduled to be available May 12, 2008.

From the product description:
Quote:
This handy, compact guide teaches you to use BSD UNIX systems as the experts do: from the command line. Try out more than 1,000 commands to find and get software, monitor system health and security, and access network resources. Apply the skills you learn from this book to use and administer servers and desktops running FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, or any other BSD flavor.
I realize this is jumping the gun a bit, but I have high hopes for this book and will be ordering it shortly. Should be very useful as I stumble my way around NetBSD.