DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > DaemonForums.org > News

News News regarding BSD and related.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th September 2013
Administrator

Default How to remain secure against NSA surveillance

From Bruce Schneier's article at http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...e-surveillance

Quote:
Now that we have enough details about how the NSA eavesdrops on the internet, including today's disclosures of the NSA's deliberate weakening of cryptographic systems, we can finally start to figure out how to protect ourselves.

For the past two weeks, I have been working with the Guardian on NSA stories, and have read hundreds of top-secret NSA documents provided by whistleblower Edward Snowden. I wasn't part of today's story – it was in process well before I showed up – but everything I read confirms what the Guardian is reporting.

At this point, I feel I can provide some advice for keeping secure against such an adversary.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th September 2013
Spam Deminer

Snowden is a coward and a traitor to my country.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th September 2013
PrinceCruise

Well, I'm pretty sure NSA won't get much from my online p0rn searches. Can't say about the creadit card data though.

Regards.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th September 2013
Package Pilot

Snowden is not the first person to report on NSA spying on the public and will probably not be the last.

https://www.eff.org/nsa-spying
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th September 2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpatrick View Post
Snowden is a coward and a traitor to my country.
t
Considering that the witch hunts are based upon fear such as those from Salem and the McCarthy era, I think Snowden did more of the right thing. Very little ignorance and complacency is needed to make the US a fascist dictatorship; and, in my opinion, one that simply agrees to government actions with a blind eye towards injustice and the lost of political liberties is one that agrees to such blatant injustice.
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 29th September 2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Constitution of the United States
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
It is "We the people" and not "Us the NSA" and "Y'all them ordinary 'Muricans." Things have changed, the government has changed, and the world is the same size with more people. No longer can we afford just to sit back and expect others to govern for us. We must be willing to taker an active part in government. Casting a ballot is a small part of creating positive change. Somebody must be willing to stand up and push for the ideal.

You've come to this forum with a fervor to learn the system of your choice. Did you just follow the standard procedures? I doubt that you did.
Why would you just accept what the government does without asking?

You have the human right to interact in the government and make it better. True, Snowden should not have just taken that information; but, it is also true that we have allowed an organization to overstep its bounds. Our republic is one in which everyone needs to be active. The culture of instant satisfaction and greed has blown up in our faces. We cannot afford to ignore and do nothing.