Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th April 2012
Package Pilot

Default Help please open port 8005 pf rule set

Hi
i miss you all

i haven't been using BSD in some years now since
my old server was Down.and Sickness in my family.

i have The old Server up and running with
OpenBSD 5.0 which i really am lost on the pf rules.

part of my pf.conf here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
block in all
pass out all keep state
pass in on egress proto tcp from <nospand> to any port 8005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
also
see here
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Config File :: /etc/apache2/httpd2 (THIS is where i made the listen change port from 80 to 8005)

start/stop :: /usr/local/sbin/apachectl2 (start|stop|restart|graceful|graceful-
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(((i did not realize OpenBSD already had the hardened version in here starting over from scratch)))

Config File :: /var/www/conf/httpd.conf
start/stop :: /usr/sbin/apachectl (start|startssl|stop|restart|graceful|

i removed apache 2.2 just now and am making another attempt to get this working properly
in the meantime can someone help me with the pf rule set i have below thank you.

Even if i disable my pf for some reason i cant get Apache to work properly on that port
i had set the proper listen to the port to 8005 in Apache for that to work.

it seems to work locally the Apache page comes up fine from that port

Even through my router i even set the computers 192.1xx.0.1 to port 8005 i had tried both or just tcp and still i can not connect.for some reason it only works when i type in the address locally
192.1xx.0.1:8005 apache page works fine

But when i try it with my actual ip address and port number it does not work

Even with pf disabled it wont work
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i must have been sleeping for ages i cant remember if the last version i used was 4.0 or 4.7
but i do know the book on pf applied to both versions. but not the 5.0

Yes i did read the faq pages and still i am a little slow on understanding what to do unless its in my face as an Example.

My first mistake was i had two modems on my machine one i did not disable in my bios so that through me off quite a bit and i wound up entering the correct ip address and netmasks but for the wrong network adapter.

So then i plugged it into the correct card it to get a connection but by that time i believe the rules were already set to the using the other cards info.

Each time i tested the pf file and reloaded it nothing seemed to have changed at all.even block in and out.

So i decided to wipe it clean and installed a fresh version of 5.0 at shell with no desktop.

This New version i am not use to using yet.

yes i did all the web searching reading all the faq pages.i have all my old notes but they do not apply to the new version.

Please i only would like help with 3 things

i know OpenBSD is by default Secure but i do not thing pf has anything loaded into the rule set yet.

Can Someone show me a sample Rule set that i can apply that will do the following.

1)Block all
2)Block Ping
3)allow port 8005 for my web server.

in other words i do not want anything going in or out but i wish for the the web server to be active on port 8005

i do not wish to use mail Nor web surfing

Thank you all in advance

Last edited by whispersGhost; 16th April 2012 at 01:15 PM.