DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > NetBSD > NetBSD Installation and Upgrading

NetBSD Installation and Upgrading Have trouble getting NetBSD on your toaster?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th June 2012
New User

Smile About to install NetBSD in system which is already XP/Ubuntu/FreeBSD triple boot.

I'm about to replace FreeBSD with NetBSD in an I686 system which currently is a triple boot (using Grub2) between XP, Ubuntu 12.04, and FreeBSD 8.1. I want to keep using Grub2, so what I want to do is install NetBSD into the slice/DOS partition where FreeBSD resides now. I want to make sure I don't override the MBR when doing this. When the installation is done, I expect to boot into Ubuntu and run update-grub, which should properly detect the NetBSD partition - it's able to do that now with FreeBSD, for sure, and is reputed to do so with the other BSDs.

Any hints or caveats - I'm new to NetBSD (and this forum).

- Peter