DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th May 2018
New User

Default Strange OpenVPN problem - started recently

I recently upgraded from OpenBSD 6.1 to 6.3. In the process, OpenVPN was upgraded from version 2.4.1 to 2.4.5. Despite an identical configuration that was previously working, I no longer have Internet access through my VPN.

This is a "road warrior" type setup, with my router doubling as my OpenVPN gateway. I am able to access my internal network remotely via the VPN, and firewall monitoring indicates traffic for the Internet is being sent out the WAN port and forwarded on. But for some reason, return traffic from the Internet is no longer being routed/sent back through the VPN to my client box. Routes on both the client box and the router look as they did before.

I'm really at a loss where to go next with this. The behavior explicitly started after I upgraded the OpenVPN package (and not after upgrading from OBSD 6.1 to 6.3). Has anyone else seen this behavior? Did something change in configuration for OpenVPN recently that might account for this?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th May 2018
More noise than signal

Hello, this is a belated welcome.

I'm not an OpenVPN user, but I can see there were some operational changes between releases. There are changes to how hostname.if(5) files without persist-tun are defined. Of particular note is the use of LD_LIBRARY_PATH. See the pkg-readme for these details.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th May 2018
New User

Thank you! I'll definitely check out those changes. There's just not that much that could account for this.

And thank you for the welcome
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th May 2018
More noise than signal

If the pkg-readme doesn't help, I recommend reaching out to Jeremie. His email address can be obtained from $ pkg_info openvpn.