DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th November 2008
New User

Unhappy Wine + Flash graphics problems

I'm having weird graphics problems with the flash plugin in firefox under wine. The flash plugin will draw things, like the volume control in youtube, but then seems to draw over them, creating a flicker where the control appears and then is partially drawn over. Also, moving objects don't always erase their old positions, like the youtube position knob will leave a trail. I also have slow/tearing video in youtube.

I've tried both wine 1.1.5 and 1.1.9 and flash plugin versions 9 and 10. I'm using firefox 3.0.3. This is with FreeBSD 7.1-BETA i386. I'm using the nvidia driver with a GeForce 8200.

I don't think it can be a performance issue, because my CPU usage never reaches 25% (one full core for me).

Here is how it looks:

It sounds like other people have this working flawlessly right out of the box...I'm wondering what I did wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg broken_flash.jpg (8.0 KB, 145 views)