DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Other Operating Systems > Other OS

Other OS Any other OS such as Microsoft Windows, BeOS, Plan9, Syllable, and whatnot.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th July 2011
Rc.conf Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossala View Post
I think Redhat is pretty crap.
And the alternative is what? Debian, Windows? It is Linux for the God's sake. Get used to it. It is crappy but there are many areas where you must commercial support. BSDs have no commercial support to speak of. I can do lots of things but I do not have 100 developers and access to source code to make MATLAB work on BSDs. I must run that software. It is as simply as that.
It is of course different if you do not need proprietary software. At this moment from about 30 machines which I control OpenBSD runs on 28 but it doesn't run on all 30.