DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > General software and network

General software and network General OS-independent software and network questions, X11, MTA, routing, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd September 2008
Complete BSD nubcake

Default Hardware bandwidth meter?

I'm looking for a device that I can put between two devices to monitor the bandwidth usage between the two. Just a simple hardware meter that shows me % used (up/down). Preferably configurable but something hard-coded for 100 mbps is fine. It also needs to be able to do its job without interfering with anything... 100% true passthrough.

It needs to be RJ-45 w/ cat 5e/6 compatability.

I currently am using an old Netgear Hub that has a primitive bandwidth meter on it, however that is not desirable because it is not full duplex. The available bandwidth is only 30 mbps so I'm not really losing performance much, although the risk of collision is there.

Has anyone seen any device that'll do that?