DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th June 2011
Fdisk Soldier

Default Rsync question

Hi
Am i right in thinking that it's not possible to rsync my OpenBSD 4.8 to a drive formatted for ext3?
So for backing up and restoring Linux, FreeBSD and OpenBSD to an external USB drive, i'd have to use fdisk to make a slice for Linux/FreeBSD and format it accordingly, then make a slice for OpenBSD etc?
Or being as though i might be writing/reading from a large file(which is on an ext3 filesystem) might OpenBSD not care, due to it being a file, that this large file is on an ext3 filesystem?. Thus could i get away with just formatting the external USB drive for ext3?
I'm not joking i really am that much of a OpenBSD n00b, from a debian/CentOS background. I just want to know about the easiest way to back up and restore all my *nixes onto my 1TB drive using rsync and was wondering which way round to do it?
cheers for any advice