DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD Installation and Upgrading

FreeBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading FreeBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 3rd February 2012
Fdisk Soldier

Default Question about maintaining jailed systems

erm really sorry i just wanted to know whether you had to rebuild a jailed system on each upgrade of said system. The answer is in the handbook. Sorry if i've wasted anyones time.
btw I heard somwhere that virtual jailed systems should NOT be started from rc on the host system. Is this still true?. In my virtual system there will be a couple of daemons running. Would it be better to start the jailed system by hand, once the host has booted, in this case? Or is this a legacy issue?
thankx

Last edited by unixjingleman; 3rd February 2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: it sucked, now it sucks slightly less