DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th June 2010
Port Guard

Default installing hpijs package: library jpeg.63.0 not found

Hi all,

I run HPIJS and CUPS to support my dodgy old printer (HP Officejet Pro K550)

On 4.7 release, I can not install the HPIJS package

Code:
# pkg_add -vi hpijs-3.9.8p1.tgz                                                    
hpijs-3.9.8p1:hplip-libs-3.9.8p0: ok (1 to go)                                     
Can't install hpijs-3.9.8p1 because of libraries
|library jpeg.63.0 not found
| not found anywhere
Direct dependencies for hpijs-3.9.8p1 resolve to: gettext-0.17p0 dbus-1.2.16p0 hplip-libs-3.9.8p0
Full dependency tree is net-snmp-5.4.2.1p3 libusb-0.1.12 gettext-0.17p0 dbus-1.2.16p0 libiconv-1.13p0 hplip-libs-3.9.8p0
when I try again, it then says:
Code:
# pkg_add -vi hpijs-3.9.8p1.tgz                                                                                      
Can't install hpijs-3.9.8p1 because of conflicts (hplip-libs-3.9.8p0)
--- hpijs-3.9.8p1 -------------------
Can't install hpijs-3.9.8p1: conflicts
When I install hplip from ports, it does compile jpeg.63.0

What are my options?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th June 2010
More noise than signal

The conflict is caused by hplip-libs, which is a valid dependency? Something isn't right. But just what, is not clear to me.

First, look in /var/db/pkg for any "partial-..." packages, if you see any, remove them with pkg_delete(8). You could remove hplib-libs with pkg_delete as well, if you like.

It isn't clear if 4.7 was a fresh install, or if it was an upgrade from 4.6. If it was an upgrade, look in /var/db/pkg for any hidden ".libs-..." structures, which are library dependencies. Perhaps one (or more) of these packages is no longer needed, and can also be removed with pkg_delete. The pkg_delete tool will tell you if a .libs* package cannot be removed, if it is still needed.

I do not know if manually doing a pkg_add for jpeg would be of help or not. It contains the missing libjpeg, but something else seems to be at work on your system. You could always try it.

I don't have a 4.7-release system handy, but I will create one and try to replicate your problem this evening ... am at work at the moment.

Last edited by jggimi; 16th June 2010 at 07:44 PM.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th June 2010
Port Guard

I didn't check for partials, but there aren't any, so no easy fix

I've tried removing hplip multiple times.

This is a clean install, so there's no old packages or libraries lying around.

I've tried adding all the other packages with jpeg in it, but none of it makes any difference.

Can I build the hpijs package from ports? It seems to be part of the hplip port, but I don't know how to build it with the -hpijs option?
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th June 2010
More noise than signal

The print/hplip port has multiple subpackages, see FAQ 15.3.8.

You could build the port, but the results =should= be identical, with the possible exception of some build-depends packages being installed.

I didn't have a chance to experiment last night, I will try again later today.

The jpeg 63 library is installed with the jpeg package. If that is installed, the library should be found.
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th June 2010
Port Guard

OK, I pkg_delete'd on jpeg too (which removes nearly all other packages too)

Still no joy. Building hplip-hpijs from ports gives the exact same error: how did they even build the package?

Do I need to 'register' the jpeg library somewhere, or is it somehow not in the path or libpath?

My gnome desktop is displaying JPEGs just fine, so I assume other packages can access the jpeg libs just fine?

Code:
# cd /usr/ports/print/hplip/ 
# env SUBPACKAGE="-hpijs" make install                                             
===>  Installing hpijs-3.9.8p1 from /usr/ports/packages/i386/all/
Can't install hpijs-3.9.8p1 because of conflicts (hplip-libs-3.9.8p0)
--- hpijs-3.9.8p1 -------------------
Can't install hpijs-3.9.8p1: conflicts
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/hplip (line 1511 of /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).
# pkg_delete hplip-libs-3.9.8p0
hplip-libs-3.9.8p0: ok                                                                                               
# env SUBPACKAGE="-hpijs" make install                                                                               
===>  Installing hpijs-3.9.8p1 from /usr/ports/packages/i386/all/
hpijs-3.9.8p1:hplip-libs-3.9.8p0: ok (1 to go)                                                                       
Can't install hpijs-3.9.8p1 because of libraries
|library jpeg.63.0 not found
| not found anywhere
Direct dependencies for hpijs-3.9.8p1 resolve to: gettext-0.17p0 dbus-1.2.16p0 hplip-libs-3.9.8p0
Full dependency tree is net-snmp-5.4.2.1p3 libusb-0.1.12 gettext-0.17p0 dbus-1.2.16p0 libiconv-1.13p0 hplip-libs-3.9.8p0
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/hplip (line 1511 of /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).
#
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th June 2010
Shell Scout

Hi,

what if you first remove hpijs-*-p0 and jpeg library and then install (build) hpijs-*-P1 toghether with jpeg?

Piotr
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th June 2010
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjoter View Post
Hi,

what if you first remove hpijs-*-p0 and jpeg library and then install (build) hpijs-*-P1 toghether with jpeg?

Piotr
Where's hpijs-*-p0 and how do I compile 2 ports at once?

I tried building jpeg from ports, but it doesn't make any difference to hpijs-*-p1
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th June 2010
Shell Scout

Ah sorry,

this is about hplip-libs-3.9.8p0.

So hpijs-3.9.8p1 is conflicting with hplip-libs-3.9.8p0. What if you update you ports? It seems that update of hpijs-3.9.8 break the dependency with hplip-libs-3.9.8p0.

Piotr
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th June 2010
More noise than signal

I was able to recreate these odd symptoms on a fresh 4.7-release system. You are not alone.

It appears that there are problems with the hplip packaging. I have not yet gone through the dependency chain to determine root cause... frankly, I do not have time right now.

I could not even force the installation with pkg_add and the -F conflicts option. If you can wait for the weekend, I can try to diagnose it.

If not, I recommend sending an e-mail to Antione Jacoutot (ajacoutot@), as he is the current maintainer of print/hplip.
Old 17th June 2010
Port Guard

Given that this is a 'release' set, I would be surprised if it gets updated.

Although I seem to remember a recent message on the official mailing list about keeping packages up to date for the 4.7 release version.

I think I'll end up trying the latest snapshot release (12th June), all these hplip related packages have been updated to *3.10.5*
Old 17th June 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimwauters View Post
Given that this is a 'release' set, I would be surprised if it gets updated.
When it comes to the package/ports system, & more specifically the /ports CVS branch, some changes are made during the life of the release. It comes down to a judgment in the importance of whether a change can, or should, wait to the next release.
Quote:
...all these hplip related packages have been updated to *3.10.5*
This is correct for -current. OpenPorts indicates that moving to 3.10.5 was done at the end of May.
Old 23rd June 2010
Port Guard

Yep, the hpijs bug is not there in the snapshot I got
Code:
4.7 GENERIC.MP#36 i386
I had to build it from ports, as the packages got updated for the next snapshot.

I'll drop the maintainer an email, hopefully he's got time to submit and push for an update to the 4.7 release, or get a public patch released.