DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th January 2024
Arp Constable

Default How to build wip-ports in current

I took a stab at building an updated LXQt from a Git download from Rafael Sadowski't wip-ports git repo. He knock it off on a Sunday afternoon and is looking for community interest/support/validation. I initially extracted his work into /usr/ports/mystuff/.

His code builds readily but I'm running into packaging issues that I do not know how to deal with. I've reviewed the porter's guide and did see this issue addressed.

Here is the error message for one port,
Code:
Tigger# make install
===>  Checking files for qterminal-1.4.0
`/usr/ports/distfiles/lxqt/qterminal-1.4.0.tar.xz' is up to date.
>> (SHA256) lxqt/qterminal-1.4.0.tar.xz: OK
===> qterminal-1.4.0 depends on: qtermwidget->=1.4.0 - default qtermwidget-1.0.0p0 does not match
*** Error 1 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2384 '/usr/ports/pobj/qterminal-1.4.0/.dep-STEM-ge-1.4.0-x11-lxqt-qtermwidget': @...)
*** Error 2 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2794 '/usr/ports/pobj/qterminal-1.4.0/.extract_done': @cd /usr/ports/mystuff/x11/...)
*** Error 2 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2233 '/usr/ports/packages/amd64/all/qterminal-1.4.0.tgz': @cd /usr/ports/mystuff/...)
*** Error 2 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2723 '_internal-package': @case X${_DEPENDS_CACHE} in  X) _DEPENDS_CACHE=$( mktem...)
*** Error 2 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2702 'package': @:; cd /usr/ports/mystuff/x11/lxqt/qterminal && PKGPATH=x11/lxqt/...)
*** Error 2 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2254 '/var/db/pkg/qterminal-1.4.0/+CONTENTS': @cd /usr/ports/mystuff/x11/lxqt/qte...)
*** Error 2 in /usr/ports/mystuff/x11/lxqt/qterminal (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2702 'install': @lock=qterminal-1.4.0;  expor...)
Could someone point me in the right direction?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th January 2024
Administrator

Code:
qterminal-1.4.0 depends on: qtermwidget->=1.4.0
This means that qterminal-1.4.0 needs the presence of a version of qtermwidget that is at least at version 1.4.0.

Code:
qtermwidget-1.0.0p0 does not match
Unfortunately the version that you have on your system is lower (1.0.0.p0) than the minimally required 1.4.0 version.

So somehow you need to compile or install qtermwidget-1.4.0

CAVEAT: I have not been messing around with ports a lot, but IIRC there are include files, that defines shortcuts for file names. For example:
Code:
firefox = firefox-100.1.4
This would allow a Makefile to refer to firefox-100.1.4 by just firefox When a new version of firefox is released only the shortcut definition has to be updated in one single file.

You could try to locate this include file and update the version number of qtermwidget to 1.4.0.
Cannot guarantee success though
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th January 2024
Arp Constable

I started with a new current install and thought that I had previously built the qtermwidget port. There is a build order that I was roughly trying to follow:
https://github.com/lxqt/lxqt/wiki/Building-from-source

I did try to pre-install cmake and qt5. I'll try again and will lets the code build the qt5 libaries. This thread is gonna hang for a while.