DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th May 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Default USB EV-DO modem support

My company recently picked up some cellular USB adapters for our laptops. They are from Verizon and the model is UM150. Verizon provides software/drivers for Windows and Mac, but that's it. I've tested with WinXP and it works great.

I'm wondering about being able to use the adapter with a FreeBSD machine. I've read some information on these types of adapters being used with Linux by using them as a modem with PPP, although in many cases the speed was quite poor (I think there was a patch developed that applied to some adapters that helped with the speed). And I haven't found much info on using them with FreeBSD.

So has anyone had experience trying to do this? Or can tell me where to start? Do I just need to plug this thing into a FreeBSD box and show the output of a dmesg, and maybe someone could help me interpret? I'm still a FreeBSD newbie, so any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 6th June 2008
New User

yah, the ugencom.c (uplcom.c dirty copy based, don't take it personal it was very good for few time) works quite well and if i remenber there's i site that tells how to set it up. ha here it is... -> http://www.semicomplete.com/blog/gee...n-FreeBSD.html