DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD Ports and Packages

FreeBSD Ports and Packages Installation and upgrading of ports and packages on FreeBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th May 2008
Port Guard

Default problems with installing net-snmp

hi I have a Freebsd 6.2 Release version running in my server I installed the net-snmp 5.4.1.2 to manage a remote cisco switch

to install the port

pkg_add net-snmp-5.4.1.2.tgz

at this point all looks right

but when I try to start the snmpd demon I have this error messege
snmpd start

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libelf.so.1" not found, required by "snmpd"

serching in google I fond that this is a shared library I found the same file in an other server (linux) my first question is what is the name of the port or the packet to install this library or how can install it

2) can I just make a copy from my linux server version library to solve the problem

thanks for your answer and sorry about my english